Sign in to follow this  
Raiden

2019-2020 NHL Games discussion

Just now, TuckerIntensity said:

The difference in overall product is cray, but I'm loving seeing this old stuff. 

Exactly what I noticed too. The first thing I thought was, "How the fuck did Gretzky break the league when his skating looks.... So fucking bad?" I'm legit wondering how his skating looks so awful lol 

Then on the flipside, Coffey looked like he went back in time from now. Absolute butter smooth skating, compared to everyone else. Fast as fuck too. 

7 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Exactly what I noticed too. The first thing I thought was, "How the fuck did Gretzky break the league when his skating looks.... So fucking bad?" I'm legit wondering how his skating looks so awful lol 

Then on the flipside, Coffey looked like he went back in time from now. Absolute butter smooth skating, compared to everyone else. Fast as fuck too. 

It's a little ridiculous. Drop Crosby or Ovechkin into the 80s like they are now? Fuck. I mean, that's not a realistic thing, but still.

9 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Man, Brett Hull looked like he was skating in quick sand.

5 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

It's a little ridiculous. Drop Crosby or Ovechkin Ingrid the 80s like they are now? Fuck. I mean, that's not a realistic thing, but still.

The other thing I noticed was just how grabby it was. Like, was hooking never called back then? I watched dudes catch free rides for the length of the ice like they were catching a bus lol

Fuck, makes me really appreciate what we have now, because I never realised how much better the league is, as a whole. 

The other thing I noticed was the turnovers. Did no one believe in puck possession either? They gave that shit up like candy rofl 

1 minute ago, Raiden said:

The other thing I noticed was just how grabby it was. Like, was hooking never called back then? I watched dudes catch free rides for the length of the ice like they were catching a bus lol

Fuck, makes me really appreciate what we have now, because I never realised how much better the league is, as a whole. 

The other thing I noticed was the turnovers. Did no one believe in puck possession either? They gave that shit up like candy rofl 

I feel like for the Oilers 50% was get the puck to Gretzky at all costs (or Kings in this instance) and the other 50 was waiting for him to get back on the ice. 

2 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I feel like for the Oilers 50% was get the puck to Gretzky at all costs (or Kings in this instance) and the other 50 was waiting for him to get back on the ice. 

I noticed that too rofl 

"4 guys on 99? Better pass it to him" 

"Shoot the puck? Why, #99 is being covered only by 1 guy. Better give it to him". 

Like, it must have been a rule. "Don't shoot, unless Wayne passes it to you" 

Posted (edited)

Could this season and playoffs be determined by means of the shootout?

We all hate the shootouts but,......lets say the NHL makes a decision to somehow wrap it up  by means of the shootout instead of just handing out the metal for the standings as they sit now.

If we had to send one player (only ONE) who should it be?

You may even create a list of players for each team and the goalie that would represent each team. (no zamboni drivers allowed)

pssst ain't gonna happen just for shits and giggles

Edited by Danny

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this