Sign in to follow this  
StepOnYou

Tyson Barrie's defensive play is horseshit

Posted (edited)

I know he's racking up points and on pace for 45-50 points, but he's so God Awful at defending. 

Sometimes I watch him and wonder if he'll have a -5  rating game 7 like Gardiner used to. 

I wish I could appreciate Barrie. I just don't. Also I have no solution as to who he should be paired with. Possibly Holl, but I doubt that will happen. 

Do you trust Barrie?

Edited by StepOnYou

The lazy 60 foot cross I've saucer to ceci that got picked off late was something special. He's shit at actually playing defence. He is Gardiner 2.0, although slightly more skilled

Barrie does a heck of a lot of flailing around in both ends of the ice. The best way to describe him is a chicken with it's head cut off. He's knocked off the puck in the d-zone and chasing the forwards who burn him. In the offensive zone he's the late "4th forward" coming in with more speed, and trying more dekes to keep the play alive. Most times generating more chickens with heads cut off then scoring. He drives me crazy and I certainly don't want him in TOR next season. I hope to God he reigns it in during the playoffs. Does he?

🐔 😠 🚾

🐎💩

9 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Consider the source. This dude doesn't like anything. Still a better scenario at RHD than last season.

Your cynicism is eating you alive. Stop talking like you know things. You don't know things. You have no clue how many things I like and appreciate. 

14 minutes ago, StepOnYou said:

Well if someone has a point or an argument why go after the person posting? Why not just present a different point or argument? 

Because you specifically as a person, seem to be incapable of being anything other than a cynic.

Regardless of how well things have gone with the team the last month, you’re making new threads finding different players on the team to complain about. 

Very cynical 

How is this thread remaining open....it targets a specific player who is contributing far more than he is being a Gardiner 2.0. Almost 90% of the team has had moments of brain farts and has cost us goals against ie: Rielly this year and some of the forwards at various moments of the season.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, TieClark said:

Because you specifically as a person, seem to be incapable of being anything other than a cynic.

Regardless of how well things have gone with the team the last month, you’re making new threads finding different players on the team to complain about. 

Very cynical 

If you want to call me "critical" I have no problem accepting that. I really don't want to be considered "cynical". I have no certainty. I ask all kinds of questions. I have no idea what this Leaf team might be (in the end). I see a guy like Tyson Barrie play and I question what he's doing out there. Frankly, I don't have to accept his style of play. Will his contributions matter in the end? They might. If it were my team to manage I wouldn't have a Tyson Barrie type player. Just an opinion. 

Edited by StepOnYou

2 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

How is this thread remaining open....it targets a specific player who is contributing far more than he is being a Gardiner 2.0. Almost 90% of the team has had moments of brain farts and has cost us goals against ie: Rielly this year and some of the forwards at various moments of the season.

Because this is a good occasion for you to tell his detractors why he's so important or good. 

8 minutes ago, TieClark said:

Very cynical 

Also complaining about things we already knew about.

We all know Barrie isn’t great defensively. His offensive ability and his shot more than make up for it. Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Just now, StepOnYou said:

Because this is a good occasion for you to tell his detractors why he's so important or good. 

Cause he is the main piece in the Kadri Trade and needs to be the player that has the biggest impact for this team going forward...Kerfoot was an added bonus atm. I feel Barrie will come around under Keefe's magic touch on this team...just be patient son....just open your eyes and look at the whole picture b4 you paint specific players with a certain brush.

2 minutes ago, StepOnYou said:

If you want to call me "critical" I have no problem accepting that. I really don't be considered "cynical". I have no certainty. I ask all kinds of questions. I have no idea what this Leaf team might be (in the end). I see a guy like Tyson Barrie play and I question what he's doing out there. Frankly, I don't have to accept his style of play. Will his contributions matter in the end? They might. If it were my team to manage I wouldn't have a Tyson Barrie type player. Just an opinion. 

I wouldn’t say questioning or even criticizing Barrie’s play is cynical. I would say the fact that regardless of how well the team is playing, your viewpoint always seems to focus in on the negatives. 

1 minute ago, TieClark said:

I wouldn’t say questioning or even criticizing Barrie’s play is cynical. I would say the fact that regardless of how well the team is playing, your viewpoint always seems to focus in on the negatives. 

No. I would argue that it's critical.  

Just now, StepOnYou said:

No. I would argue that it's critical.  

You can be critical of Barrie’s play. The fact that you can only seem to ever look at the negative no matter what the actual results are, is cynical. 

Even if TOR was first overall I probably would find something to criticise. So what? Criticism is not always considered negative. Many people benefit from it. On the contrary, Babcock seemed to suffer his fate by not listening to any criticism. 

Cynical or cynicism is a very different thing though. 

3 minutes ago, StepOnYou said:

Even if TOR was first overall I probably would find something to criticise. So what? Criticism is not always considered negative. Many people benefit from it. On the contrary, Babcock seemed to suffer his fate by not listening to any criticism. 

Cynical or cynicism is a very different thing though. 

I’ll leave it alone, but I’ll remind you that you were the first to call a member cynical:

concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them.” - that’s you

There’s nothing wrong with having constructive criticism about the play of the team or it’s players. There is something wrong with actively looking for things to complain about, even when they aren’t there. Case in point, 2 weeks ago you made a thread about Nylander and how lazy he is... clearly you can’t keep complaining about nylander right now so you’ve made a thread about a new player.

All despite the fact that the leafs are the hottest team in the league since Keefe was hired.

15 minutes ago, TieClark said:

You can be critical of Barrie’s play. The fact that you can only seem to ever look at the negative no matter what the actual results are, is cynical. 

that's not really being cynical Tie, it's being negative

1 minute ago, koho said:

that's not really being cynical Tie, it's being negative

It is being cynical though, it doesn’t matter what the actual performance of the players are from what I can tell, it’s all about him seeing things nobody else is.