Sign in to follow this  
StepOnYou

Tyson Barrie's defensive play is horseshit

11 hours ago, MississippiMapleLeaf said:

I don’t think they have all pieces and depth yet to win a Cup and are still in the process of acquiring it. 

In that case, the majority of NHL teams are rebuilding. 

19 minutes ago, §andman said:

In that case, the majority of NHL teams are rebuilding. 

Well I consider the D group as a huge work in progress..... so at the very least, that area is still under major construction (especially considering most of the contracts expire at seasons end)

35 minutes ago, PuQ said:

Well I consider the D group as a huge work in progress..... so at the very least, that area is still under major construction (especially considering most of the contracts expire at seasons end)

Dubas is in precarious situation with the D, as well - what do you do with the players on expiring contracts at the TDL. There is a real possibility that the worst case scenario happens and they miss the playoffs and get nothing in return for 3 NHL assets. If that happens, There could serious ramifications, depending on how they build the D for next year. It’s early, but one could assume they'd likely find themselves fighting for a playoff spot again. Don’t forget next year is Andersen’s final year of his contract. 

All that to say, they're still in need of quality assets.

1 hour ago, PuQ said:

44 minutes ago, MississippiMapleLeaf said:

I don’t know about majority, but a lot are and they are all at different stages. 

I don't know if I'm being trolled here but none of what you guys are saying is remotely even close to what "rebuilding" means in the NHL. 

1 minute ago, §andman said:

I don't know if I'm being trolled here but none of what you guys are saying is remotely even close to what "rebuilding" means in the NHL. 

“Rebuild” is a pretty vague word, so I generally ask for someone’s definition before taking an opposing stance.

1 minute ago, PuQ said:

“Rebuild” is a pretty vague word, so I generally ask for someone’s definition before taking an opposing stance.

Rebuild means to build through the draft. To trade off all valuable assets and tank for a few seasons in order to acquire young talent. 

What the Leafs did prior to signing Tavares. What Ottawa is currently doing. What Detroit is currently doing. 

Just now, §andman said:

Rebuild means to build through the draft. To trade off all valuable assets and tank for a few seasons in order to acquire young talent. 

What the Leafs did prior to signing Tavares. What Ottawa is currently doing. What Detroit is currently doing. 

Yes that’s one way of looking at it.

Although some people may have a larger view of what a rebuild is.... what you describe is only step one in many people’s minds.

1 minute ago, PuQ said:

Yes that’s one way of looking at it.

Although some people may have a larger view of what a rebuild is.... what you describe is only step one in many people’s minds.

False. 

Go ask anyone with some hockey knowledge and they'll give you the exact same definition of what a rebuild constitutes in the NHL. 

1 minute ago, TieClark said:

MML apparently lives in some fairy tale where teams stacked top to bottom dominate seasons from start to finish to win cups.

Puq likes to argue 

I have not claimed we need to stack the D.... in fact I have claimed we could use more of a no name D group that plays D and gets the puck to the forwards.

1 minute ago, §andman said:

False. 

Go ask anyone with some hockey knowledge and they'll give you the exact same definition of what a rebuild constitutes in the NHL. 

I can’t really argue with you if you feel that strongly that there can only be one definition of “rebuild”

I agree with you if we can only use your exact definition.

Just now, §andman said:

PuQ in real life:

Boss: "PuQ, I'm afraid you're not being productive and efficient at work."
PuQ: "But what is your definition of being efficient at work?"
Boss: "Well, you're not meeting company goals"
PuQ: "But how do you determine the goals? What are the specifics?"
Boss: "It means you're fired."
PuQ: "But what do you mean by fired? Many people have different ideas of being fired." 
Boss: "Leave my office now."
PuQ: "Shall I go back to work?" 

How about this....

Ask MSM if he meant “rebuild” the same way you described it.

Hows that for productive?

1 minute ago, PIPERSMAN63 said:

The rebuild kind of ended once we signed Tavares.

And by his definition, I agreed.

But I think MSM’s definition in his scenario was different.

Yes this was the vision for the D and goaltending.  It was also the vision to go out in each of the last 3 first rounds. Also the vision to have Marner write a list. All these things were the visions but now we must rebuild as the visions have yet to bring any visionary success 

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Yes this was the vision for the D and goaltending.  It was also the vision to go out in each of the last 3 first rounds. Also the vision to have Marner write a list. All these things were the visions but now we must rebuild as the visions have yet to bring any visionary success 

I wouldn’t start a new rebuild.... I would finish this one first to be honest.... I think it has a lot of promise.

14 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

So walk us thru finishing the rebuild, that you've only just now mentioned.

I would love to.

First I will need your definition of “rebuild” so I can tell you where I think they are within those boundaries.

Edited by PuQ