Rockweiler

Look what I bought!

Only the first generation of each vehicle.  But here's the thing, you basically get a brand new transmission for 0 cost after however many miles.  It's just like when GM had the issues with the valve on their GMC Sierra's. People were getting free top end rebuilds around 60-90K Kms.  That's basically a brand new engine...lol. 

Every vehicle has known flaws except Honda and Toyota. 

18 minutes ago, Raiden said:

My Infiniti suffers from "oil is crack, give me more oil". No leaks, just a known issue with these engines that it can and will eat through oil. Wasn't fixed until 2007. The 370Z has the same issue. 

Do you know how much a fucking crack habit costs. A litre of Oil every two weeks, fucking peanuts dude. 

7 hours ago, Raiden said:

My Infiniti suffers from "oil is crack, give me more oil". No leaks, just a known issue with these engines that it can and will eat through oil. Wasn't fixed until 2007. The 370Z has the same issue. 

Infiniti's are expensive vehicles to drive.  Premium fuel, thirsty for gas but when you've got a daily vehicle tuned for racing...

On 5/15/2019 at 5:06 PM, Morkul said:

Check engine light came on on my 2010 Honda Odyssey. Misfire Cylinder 1. Spark plug had oil on it. My mechanic researched it and found that there was a Class Action lawsuit against Honda for that engine for just that thing.

Took it back to the dealership where I bought it 2 months ago and they gave me my $10,900 in trade on another vehicle.

Got me a used 2019 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab. Gonna get it converted to right hand drive and a folding bed cover for my packages.

NAH.jpg?impolicy=resize&w=650

62565732_2306065462834762_82607667780161

62449092_2306065529501422_37457842675405

What my right hand drive conversion looks like. Pedal kit was purchased, but the steering is custom-built by a fellow mail carrier.

12 hours ago, Morkul said:

62565732_2306065462834762_82607667780161

62449092_2306065529501422_37457842675405

What my right hand drive conversion looks like. Pedal kit was purchased, but the steering is custom-built by a fellow mail carrier.

Any reactions as to seeing your head on the wrong side of the truck?

22 hours ago, tbnl said:

Any reactions as to seeing your head on the wrong side of the truck?

Yes. Some. Mostly from people at the gas station in the morning. While working I have a flashing magnetic light on the top of my vehicle and big magnets on 3 sides, so I don't know if people react so much to my being on the wrong side or that I have a flashing light and big signs on my truck.

It's been a few weeks and I'm getting used to it. You lose power steering with the conversion. There's a lot more to get used to than just driving on the right side.

I was driving from the center with my left hnad and foot. This is a whole new thing to get used to.

But, something I bought. $6.24 with S&H. Money well spent.

s-l1600.jpg

17 hours ago, Morkul said:

Yes. Some. Mostly from people at the gas station in the morning. While working I have a flashing magnetic light on the top of my vehicle and big magnets on 3 sides, so I don't know if people react so much to my being on the wrong side or that I have a flashing light and big signs on my truck.

It's been a few weeks and I'm getting used to it. You lose power steering with the conversion. There's a lot more to get used to than just driving on the right side.

I was driving from the center with my left hnad and foot. This is a whole new thing to get used to.

But, something I bought. $6.24 with S&H. Money well spent.

s-l1600.jpg

Are Mitsubishi Delica around in Florida? Those are right hand drive and imported right from Japan. Very popular in BC. 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:52 AM, tbnl said:

Are Mitsubishi Delica around in Florida? Those are right hand drive and imported right from Japan. Very popular in BC. 

I've never heard of them. Not much Mitsubishi in general in these here parts. Not many Suzukis either, but I see some. Overwhealming amount of Jeeps in my area. Jeeps and churches.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:52 AM, tbnl said:

Ummmm I live in bc.  Actually writing this post from Vancouver. Haven’t ever seen this wildly popular vehicle. 

What am I doing wrong to miss such a popular item 

1 hour ago, uteck said:

Ummmm I live in bc.  Actually writing this post from Vancouver. Haven’t ever seen this wildly popular vehicle. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhAdKsSYcYdd7s54Qth3C

I'm sure you've seen them. You just never knew what they looked like or what they were called.

Popular among the outdoorsy crowd of climbers, kayakers, and so forth.

Can I assume you're not amongst that demographic?

Just now, tbnl said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhAdKsSYcYdd7s54Qth3C

I'm sure you've seen them. You just never knew what they looked like or what they were called.

Popular among the outdoorsy crowd of climbers, kayakers, and so forth.

Can I assume you're not amongst that demographic?

That's really cool looking.

1 hour ago, uteck said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11422386

How Vancouver cave people get around